Last week, I shared with you where the staff sees God moving at Mulberry. Several of you shared with me how encouraging you found that and that you also see God moving in some of the same ways. It’s great to know that we are seeing and experiencing the same things! God is moving through us as we stay on mission to share the heart of God from the heart of downtown Macon.
This week, I want to share with you our plans for the fall. These are the result of much prayer, listening at listening sessions, listening and learning at onboarding, staff meetings, and informal conversations with many of you. The goal for the fall is twofold. First, to offer opportunities for engagement that fit with where God is moving in the life of the church. Below, you’ll see not only the list but also how it fits with where God is moving. Second, to try things out and see how they go. We’ll learn together from what we do together this fall and then we’ll adjust for the spring.
So, here’s what we’re thinking and preparing for this fall:
Second Sunday Lunch | Beginning October 9
- A monthly meal to fellowship and get to know each other better. This will be a potluck meal with the church supplying the main course and drinks.
- Fit with where God is moving: Hospitality, Transparency, Desire to go deeper in relationship with God, Authenticity
Sundays for Kids and Youth | 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Sunday nights, beginning September 18
- Programming for children alongside existing programming for youth. Children and youth will have dinner together and then split into age-defined activities
- Fit with where God is moving: Deeper relationship with God, Authenticity, Prayer, Care
Additional Adult Spiritual Formation | Beginning Soon!
- A variety of classes and activities offered throughout the fall that can take the form of a book study, a prayer group, a prayer shawl knitting ministry, and many others. These are loose in structure and offered whenever convenient for the leader/teacher/convener.
- Dana Goshorn will teach on the Enneagram. Payton Stone will be holding a book club. Ted will teach something! If you’d like to lead an opportunity, let the church office know!
- Fit with where God is moving: Deeper relationship with God, Prayer, Authenticity, Care, Hospitality
Wednesday morning prayer service | 7:45 a.m., beginning on September 7 (next week!) | Stained-glass room off the youth room
- A chance to pray together and re-center mid-week. Also a great opportunity to invite colleagues and friends to come to church with you before work!
- Fit with where God is moving: Prayer, Worship, Authenticity, Going deeper in relationship with God
Quarterly Service Sunday | Beginning December 11
- Engagement together as a church in service projects, both at the church and in the community, that are multi-generational. We’ll move into projects after eating lunch together at a Second Sunday Lunch. Examples of potential projects: work in the garden, organizing at Habitat for Humanity’s Restore
- Fit with where God is moving: Community-focused, Desire to go deeper in relationship with God, Authenticity, Hospitality, Care